Sunday, October 11, 2009

By the Sea.



Sunday is a day of Rest and Bliss - I had both. Early Sunday morning started off completely creative. I love being one cool Auntie. And my adorable little cousins were in town visiting and I could not resist making them a little something heartfelt and a perfect wearable souvie that Florida souvenir shops could not rival with...  So I created 3 mermaid treasure necklaces for 3 little mermaid Ariel's.



Little treasures... I started with tiny corked glass vials. Going on a Ship in a Bottle ... Letter from Sea in a Bottle kind of idea. Although these little bottles would contain seaworthy finds that their Auntie found during her long times spent beach combing...



Every treasure needs shiny beads.. I filled the vials with lots of sea coloured beads. Beads that reminded me of the ever changing hues of the beautiful Gulf waters.


And a lovely mermaid charm for measure.... each vial is filled with a piece of white coral and a shark tooth all found locally along my near daily beach combings.



And voila! 3 Mermaid Treasure Shell Necklaces... for my little mermaids... Ah, the day is starting out perfectly! I can hardly wait to see the girls and present their little happies and spend the day there!


Lauren and Kirsten shows off their beach combing bounty!

After a warm welcome of little hugs and giggles...we all hit the beach and immediately began beach combing and soaking in the sun. Quickly I had 3 girls running up showing me all sorts of shells they had found and I would tell them the proper shell names such as Florida Fan Scallop, Jingle Shell, Kitten's Paw...

Little Lauren... the makings of an aspiring Beach Bunny...

and of course, I taught them my most favourite beach combing challenge... searching for Shark's Teeth... in which these girls are bright and quick on their feet because not 2 minutes after I had shown them the ropes, they would bring back hand fulls of Shark's Teeth! Look Kim Look! :)


The Little Mermaid Kelsey

And of course sun and swimming was had too!  The water was perfect! Clear, calm, blue and warm!


And even the big kids had fun too! ;O) My cousin Clif and wife, Leta, who I dearly enjoyed seeing and enjoyed the company of catching up.


And by the day's end... I was blissfully exhausted and sad to go... But ever so glad I could spend my Sunday with dear loved ones I only get to see on winter Holidays. Thanks guys for including me into your vacation holiday! I had a blast! Viva Fall Break!

2 comments:

  1. Those necklaces are absolutely fabulous, Kim! Your creativity is boundless! What a lovely day, and lovely cousins to go with it! :-)

    Blessings,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat idea. Imma need you to teach me some photography tricks there missy. I love the way your pictures turn out.

    ReplyDelete