Monday, October 12, 2009

Itchy Scratchy..


I had oodles and oodles of fun at the beach on Sunday. Although in my haste to see my lovely visitors, I completely forgot to slather on sunscreen.. so I kind of came back with a rosy crimson souvenir of my own... and today it itches incredibly!


Itchy Itchy in my Halloweenish Superstitious t-shirt... I wish I could make like a bear and just grab a corner or tree to lean against and scratch into a raw blissful oblivion.. but then again... that would also be very painful... so I'll happily and playfully just squint at my itchies.. at least I'll have a nice tan to start Fall / Winter with... thank you Irish skin and blazing October Florida sun!

Today was quite a late and slightly busy day for me. Despite such.. it was blissful. I slept a bit late after staying up til 1am working on work @ home. I first woke at 4am and took Mister to work. I came back home at 5am and immediately went back to sleep. I slept til 9am (the late part). Normally I sleep til 8ish on my days off. So I awake and hurriedly prepare for my day of grocery shopping and errands. I had prepared to gather materials for my art show on Friday. But after looking over my list I changed my mind and to save that for later in the week. (yes, I am quite nervous...)

Saturday Night I had the most wonderful fresh salad with ranch dressing... this salad reminded me that I should create my own fresh salads this week in which I stocked up with greenery at the grocery. Once arriving back home, clearly I was starved... so I decided to put my salad dreams into action! Time to get choppin! And Buttermilk Ranch to boot! oh yeah!



A snapshot of my salad for lunch... iceberg lettuce, grape tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, farm cheese and country ham. Yum! I love all the beautiful colours! It's almost too pretty to eat! But don't worry... I did not put an ounce to waste. So filling!


I spent the remainder of my day washing dishes, cleaning the kitchen and various rooms and preparing laundry as well as doing more work at home...nothing exciting or eventful.. maybe even a tinge stressful (the work part) but all in all I'd say it was a good day. Nearly blissful in fact.
Given a taste of what it would be like to work from home...it will happen one day. I know this. I pray of this. I have big dreams... which is where I will end today's blog post with... as I sit here and scratch. Keep your eyes on the prize...no matter how big the Itch!


“Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.”
(Hebrews 10:23 NIV)


No comments:

Post a Comment